Bam new stuff coming your way if you are on subscription.
Here’s the Autodesk videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY-ggSrSwbZrEna9aQFiQxXSrWuqACNUD
Here’s the official announcement from Autodesk:
Autodesk Revit 2016 R2 builds on the speed and project performance improvements that distinguish Revit 2016 and includes more than 25 updates, many requested by users. With further improved software performance and scalability, plus new features, the family of Revit 2016 R2 releases enables subscribers to more effectively and efficiently capture design intent.
They have been focusing on performance, which will work well in the new world of adding more and more data to our models.
- Orbit, pan and zoom more quickly with the new Draw Visible Elements Only option. Revit improves navigation speed by working only on displaying the visible elements of a view. This occlusion culling is especially beneficial with complex files and views in which regeneration of a significant amount of content is suppressed.
- Keep working during update of color schemes and the associated color fills with Color Fill Background Processing. Revit 2016 R2 updates room, space, HVAC zone, duct, and pipe color fills using multiple CPUs, which alleviates model interaction delays associated with these computations.
- Embed design intent in a model by using project-wide parameters to drive dimension and element instance parameters with the Global Parameters A global parameter can measure dimensions and calculate formulas to drive dimensions and parameter values in other elements in the project.
- With Family Visibility Preview, get a better view of design intent by filtering out geometries that are not viewed. Work more quickly by previewing geometries and making adjustments before loading a Family into a project. – CAN I JUST SAY LOVE THIS ONE!!!!
- Unload links per user to increase performance and improve memory usage without affecting other project team members
- Copy/Paste commands in perspective views
- Cancel print or export of multiple views and sheets with one click
- Filter solids/voids in separate entries to more easily multi-select the geometries to make bulk changes
- Enhanced rotation controls and insert part option in fabrication part modeling
A lot of these advancements make the our projects easier to manipulate and add data too.
3 Replies to “Revit 2016 R2 released”