The key to winning over staff is education; show them the power of BIM. To quote Thomas A. Edison:
“There’s a way to do it better – find it”
There are several ways to get this started! Here are my top five suggestions:
- Lunch and Learns for PM’s offering learning credits and teach them the value of BIM.
- Start a BIM User Group, have it at lunch and bring cookies (unless your office will pay for lunch) Teach users tips and tricks in using Revit. Collect the questions you get throughout the month and show an how-to on them.
- Start a BIM University, Get classes from AU, RTC, MinnU, or Blogs and go thru them for the users.
- Start a Monthly or Quarterly Newsletter, send out information on project that have been using BIM in your office.
- Start a Revit Tip Email, send out a tip whenever a good one comes across your desk. I have a OneNote page that has all my tips in it so users can access them at any time.
While these five suggestions are a great strting point, I believe the most important step is walking around and talking to the users and Project Manager in two-way conversations. Build a strong relationship and show them how to use Revit more efficiently. If you make the end users and Project Managers see the value of Revit/BIM the lack of understanding becomes replaced with excitement.
3 Replies to “The Top 5 Ways to Promote BIM Office Education”
Just posted this on our fb page here:
Check it out, let us know if you had any comments.